Wednesday 25 April 2012

Alston Hall Arrival

Oh my god. How can we possibly have a drought when i have just driven through some of the worst weather i have experienced in some years.
I left home at 11.00am this morning to make my yearly teaching trip to Alston hall, Preston and it has deluged all the way up here. At some points i really couldn't see the road and just had to guess i was driving straight which is a little off putting when your driving over the Pennine mountain range and you have a dirty great lorry next to you.

Never mind i have made it and have struggled in with all the stuff i will need across the next couple of days. I'm now pooped and sitting down to write this as i may not get to it over the next couple of days depending on how my students decide to work me.

I always enjoy coming here to teach as there are no televisions in any of the rooms except the common lounge area and i can really think and get some designing done in peace and quite. No kids yelling. No adults yelling. No house hold jobs to do. It's lovely.

The house is a old house overlooking the Pennine mountains and is set in lovely gardens with a wood to walk through, The rooms are en suite and the beds are comfy. The food is all home cooked and next week i will not be eating as i will be at least half a stone heavier.I say what the hell as i will be working hard and we all know its lovely to be cooked for.

I am going to spend the evening finishing my miniature Baltimore quilt and i might start to make the crochet flowers needed for the bag full of crochet flowers workshop coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment