Monday 18 February 2013

Painted woodland fancy dress for Maddy

My sis in-law has been in touch and asked for help with a fancy costume for my nieces World book day at school in Early March. I said leave it with me and now I'm so exited that I have spent most of the day fiddling about and stamping a piece of fabric to make it from. Yesterday a good friend said she had some jersey that I could have so I stocked up on trimmings and ribbons to decorate it and away I went today. So far I have stamped images of flowers and leaves over the top of the square fabric acquired to make it look more forest like ( the book my nice has chosen is "a mid summer nights dream" and she wants to go as one of the woodland nymphs.) I have also painted an old head band which I will customise with flowers and leaves wired to it. eBay has found me some yellow tights and a cheap lime green t shirt which I will also paint and alter. Along with some woodland bangles and a necklace that I need to quickly create. This will complete the look.
So far I have cut the dress out stamped and glittered it and am just starting to add the ribbons to it. I just need to then sew the two side seams together and that's it. I am not sewing the shoulders together as my friend had the good idea that my sis in- law would then be able o tie the shoulders as straps, therefor she could adjust the if needed.
Check it out so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment