Tuesday 16 July 2013

New Zealand I Have Arrived

I arrived in New Zealand yesterday absolutely wrecked from flying. But after a good nights sleep and a quick stop for breakfast Carolyn and I set off across the country for Taupe. We drove the hired car down from Auckland and really enjoyed seeing the wonderful scenery and the mountains with their caps covered in snow. It is the end part of the winter over here but the temperature over here today was 16 degrees with bright blue skies so felt very like English weather, although the people here are wearing scarfs and saying it is cold. Our hotel is gorgeous and right on the lake edge with huge glass windows to take in the view. It was a relief to unpack my suitcase and find all my class bits and bobs still in tack. although the two hangings i brought over will need an iron, but they are in tact


No comments:

Post a Comment