Friday 2 May 2014

City skylines in mixed media embroidery

Hi all I have just finished these city skyline embroideries of places dear to me. Paris , London and my home town of Bedford. Photocopies of my own drawings have been worked on to striped and stitched fabric backgrounds with free motion embroidery used to add details to the buildings. Das clay was used to make some of the buildings which were stitched in to place to give a dimensional appearance and wired or paper cut out trees were added to embellish and help with the distance of the skyline. I really enjoyed making these pieces and thought you might like to know that they are a workshop planned for teaching in five weeks time at Tudor Rose Patchwork if your interested in something different and contemporary come and give city skylines a go.




No comments:

Post a Comment