Thursday 19 July 2012

Leather Cut Work Bag for Festival of Quilts

I have been working like fury with my cut work needles to produce some interesting samples for my demonstration slot at the festival of quilts on the Husqvarna sewing machine stand. While trying to work out which fabrics were suitable to use with these tiny little knife needles I tried working in leather and was thrilled to see that it worked beautifully. I made this stunning evening purse on a long leather cord strap in black leather and silver vinyl leather. Now I have worked it out there are several more bags under way in different colour schemes, using up the leather samples I have had in my collection for more years than I can remember.

I am really pleased with the finished result and now also want to try it in dyed felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment