Wednesday 23 January 2013

Organza flowers in easy free motion stitching

I spent a pleasant couple of hours working these easy free motion embroidered flowers using two layers of organza between two sheets of water soluble film. I have worked them all with black thread on the top and bottom of the machine, reason being that they are for my learning curve stint at the Festival of quilts this August coming and it's easier if the machines are pre threaded. ( Boy I am organised) I'm not really its just that Pam NEAVE who organises it saw me demonstrating several different types of flower making on the machine and thought they would go down well for those of you that like to embellish your work or have a raised effect . Due to the weather being so awful with snow snow and a lot more snow I have been somewhat confined to home the last couple of days and they were what I decided I wanted to play with. I just need to put them in a box for safe keeping and remember where I have put them when I need them later in the summer



No comments:

Post a Comment